суббота, 15 сентября 2012 г.

Ask Dr. Nan.(Ultimate Bone Support formula and use of ginger rooot for colon cancer prevention) - Women's Health Letter

Q: I am a celiac with osteoporosis and I really want to take your Ultimate Bone Support formula. You say that it's gluten-free. How do you know it's gluten-free? Do you batch test the produce for gluten? Are the binders or fillers gluten-free as well? And is this product made in a dedicated gluten-free facility or is cross-contamination possible? --L.R., e-mail

A: I understand your concern, but you can rest easy and take this formula. As you may know, gluten is a protein found in wheat, rye, and barley. It is found only in these related grains. None of the ingredients in Ultimate Bone Support, or in the fillers and binders in other supplements, are derived from any grain-based products. This means that there can be no gluten in any of these formulas.

Ultimate Bone Support is not manufactured in a dedicated gluten-free facility. However, the manufacturer prevents cross-contamination by strict cleaning procedures it performs after it runs each batch of every product. This is why we don't test them for gluten. It would increase the cost of the supplement unnecessarily.

I personally toured the manufacturing facility before I was willing to endorse any Advanced Bionutritionals products. At that time, it was one of the only facilities that used the same manufacturing procedures as pharmaceutical drugs.

Gluten-free supplements are important to me, as well. I am extremely sensitive to gluten, and I'm convinced that many people are unknowingly sensitive to it as well. That's why I suggest you have some Gluten Sensitivity Formula (800-79 1 -3395) on hand just in case you do eat some gluten. It can help reduce the negative symptoms.

Q: I eat a lot of organic fruits and vegetables, which I understand can help protect me from colon cancer. I also get a regular colonoscopy, since several of my relatives have had colon cancer. Can you suggest anything else I might do?--E.F., e-mail

A: I've talked a lot about how inflammation is at the root of most chronic health problems. This includes colon cancer. There are studies you can find on the Internet that have found inflammation to be a precursor to colon cancer. Your diet high in antioxidants and roughage is an excellent first step in reducing your risk. But there's more you can do.

A recent study conducted at the University of Michigan Medical School discovered that a particular spice significantly reduced colon inflammation markers in just one month. The substance they used is ginger root. Just two grams of ginger root supplements, or half a teaspoon of powdered ginger root a day, was enough to quickly reduce inflammation in the colon.

You can find ginger supplements in any health food stores, but I prefer stronger and fresher spices. The best quality powdered ginger I've found is from Penzey's Spices (800-741-7787). A six-month supply is only $16. You get ginger's anti-inflammatory properties whether you take it in supplement form or use it in cooking and baking. So add it to your foods, take ginger capsules, or chew on a piece of fresh ginger root if it's not too spicy for you.

http://www.medica1newstoday.com/re1.eases/235813.php.

Have a question? Send it to: Ask Dr. Nan, P.O. Box 8051, Norcross GA 30093. Or e-mail to womenshealthletter@soundpub.com. While I can't diagnose or treat your illness by mail, I'll answer as many questions as I can in the newsletter.

New to Women's Health Letter? If a friend has given you this issue and you like it, why not get. your own subscription? It's only $49, and you'll receive a free library of health information. Call now at 800-791-3459.